Case Study: Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
As one of the state’s largest technical colleges, Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College required a robust website to accommodate multiple campuses and serve thousands of students.
Meet the specialized needs of a higher ed institution and accommodate substantial scale of content.
WITC serves the northwest portion of the state in a regionalized system of technical colleges. Reaching more than 25,000 area residents means that the WITC website needs to showcase a huge diversity of programs and support thousands of pages of content. With our partner KW2 leading discovery and design, we worked as a team to meet the specific needs of WITC including:
- Build a very large site quickly—WITC had a tight timeline.
- Accommodate specialized administrative functions for marketing staff.
- Integrate third party software to handle registration and course enrollment.
A dedicated team of developers to implement a customized admin panel.
To meet the aggressive timeline, Earthling created a dedicated team of developers focused on the WITC site. Like many websites serving institutions of higher ed, the WITC site ran on Drupal 8. To make the back-end easy for marketing staff to manage we customized a visual builder to integrate seamlessly with the CMS. In the end, we created a site with these key features:
- A scalable and flexible CMS platform able to handle a very large amount of content.
- A complex system configured to simultaneously meet the needs of WITC and its four branch campuses.
- A highly secure site built to protect users and site administrators.
With their updated website Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College now has a digital presence that fully represents the detailed course offerings and programs available through the college. Marketing staff are able to conduct better outreach to area residents, helping people in this part of the state enroll in courses designed to help them achieve educational and professional goals.