Case Study: Gressco
Gressco, a furniture and play structure wholesaler was looking to improve their outdated online quote and website functionality. Earthling developed a Magento-based solution to provide Gressco’s unique customer base with an eCommerce experience that matched their needs and constraints.
Gressco’s client base consists of commercial environments including healthcare, schools and libraries, which are distributed through a dealer sales channel. Gressco placed priority on streamlining the quote fulfillment process in order to facilitate planning for commercial dealers, manufacturer representatives, and the architect and design community who serves these markets. Earthling’s e-commerce developers worked with Gressco to design a solution that would…
- Simplify the quote request process for the customer while simultaneously supporting high-quality customer management features.
- Provide the necessary flexibility to accommodate a variety of customer categories, pricing structures and shipping requirements.
- Automate quote generation with a framework that supported individualized customer care that speaks to multiple distribution channels.
- Improve customer experience with an easy-to-use system that captures key information for producing an accurate quote.
- Save staff time and administrative costs with automated quote generation and customer management features.
A custom e-commerce solution that receives, tracks, and delivers product quotes.
Earthling developers worked closely with Gressco management and staff to design and build a Magento-based quote intake and management system to meet internal and external market demands for their specific distribution channels. The new system made it possible for account managers to quickly and efficiently meet customer needs while at the same time providing significant improvements in administrative functions. Features of the new system include:
- Allow customers to quickly and easily add products to a quote list (similar to a shopping cart).
- Collect customer comments and questions within the quote request.
- Automate proposal generation (as a pdf) once quote has been confirmed with potential customer.
- Give account managers ability to easily adjust product pricing and shipping before generating final proposal.
- Easily and efficiently convert proposal to an order.
- Capture an audit trail so that all quote adjustments are archived within the order.
- Provide user specific pricing for specialized large accounts.
Dramatically improved website user interface, resulting in an increase in leads and time saving processes for marketing channels.
Prior to implementing updates to the online quote request tool, account managers spent a significant portion of their time tracking down quote errors, manually adjusting quotes and tracking quote results. The new system all but eliminated errors at the quote generation stage of the ordering process and freed up time for account managers to focus on building customer relations. There has been a marked increase in sales leads generated by a much more user-friendly experience.